1. Any gift from someone who felt obligated to get you a gift -- no example necessary.
2. A gift from someone who expects something in return -- example, receiving a package of paint rollers because your boss needs help renovating their house.
3. Anything that requires you to put in more money/time/effort than it's worth -- example, children's toys that are impossible to put together and the kids play with once.
4. A gift that is exactly what you wanted...almost -- example, the last book in your book series...that is actually a newer edition of one you already have.*
5. And (obviously), a white elephant -- example, a white elephant that eats you out of house and home, gets the homeowner's association on your back, and cannot be given away or put to good use without erasing all diplomatic ties with some foreign ally...who we get all our chocolate from.
* Note this is more of a "sad" gift -- the thought is still greatly appreciated.
Same author with some fun, quirky thoughts to make you smile!