Yes, shop the sales today but…avoid sucking the bank dry.
Yes, go stand in lines for lots of neat junk but…when there is only one left remember: that junk is headed to the junkyard but the ones fighting over it are eternal.
Yes, go mingle with the frenzied crowds but…don’t get trample in the mayhem.
Yes, get lots of cool stuff for yourself but…remember it’s more fun to get to give to others.
Yes, layout your plan of attack the night before but…if you don’t get what is on your list praise God that it’s not a matter of life and death.
And while you are thanking Him that Christ has already taken care of your life and death, say a quick prayer for all those souls around you trying to make their heaven on earth.
Invite someone to share your Thanksgiving dinner (or accept an invite).
Keep a blessing list or a blessing jar or a blessing tree or whatever you can come up with.
Pray together as a couple or family thanking God for His goodness.
Read aloud a Psalm of thanksgiving (like 136, 117, or 100).
Write your own psalm as a prayer or song of praise.
Sing songs of gratefulness (like Great is Thy Faithfulness or Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing).
Draw, paint or craft a project to record your many blessings.
Give gifts to others.
Write a thank you note to someone who God has used to bless you.
Don’t stop here…
1. Beauty and the ability to experience it.
2. Capacity to love.
3. The love of God and a relationship with Him.
4. God's Word and it's wisdom.
5. A purpose filled life because of Christ's redemption....
6. And the certainty of heaven.
7. Prayer -- anytime and anywhere.
9. Experiencing joy.
10. Those who love us and we love them.
11. Brains that learn.
13. Everything else this list was too short to include...
...to be thankful for today:
1. Waking up this morning.
2. The cool side of the pillow.
3. Being able to say, "I love you", to someone.
4. The relaxation of stretching.
5. Your smile.
6. The written word.
7. Small surprises.
8. Good memories.
9. New experiences everyday.
10. The fact that you can add so many things to this list....
How many can you add by the end of today?
Catherine, Alexander, and Charles (AKA Charlemagne) were all titled: The Great. And since there is no standard of "great", they likely all were.
But only One is The Greater.
Greater than what? Yes. Jesus Christ the righteous is greater than all!
What better way to kick off a month of thanksgiving than remembering the majesty of our God?
Same author with some fun, quirky thoughts to make you smile!