The recipe called for low sodium beef broth. I didn’t have low-sodium beef broth and I was moderately concerned until I noticed the last ingredient: salt.
An ant looked at the tree and said, “This tree is smooth and brown.”
A bird looked at the tree and said, “No, this tree is green and fluffy.”
A worm looking at the same tree said, “Oh no, this tree is sweet and red.”
And I looked at my poor tree and said, “How do I keep you all off my apple tree?”
I wonder what God said.
…may keep the doctor away but a mango a day keeps the dentist away. (I have yet to be able to eat one without flossing.)
I didn't have a nice mango picture so I thought juniper berries are the logical substitute, right?
1. The first thing you see is dilapidated front door which is about one step above cardboard and splits apart at the bottom every time the door is opened.
2. The first sound you hear is the leaky faucet…followed closely by the feral tomcat out back.
3. Your first thought is: “There is no way to fix this disaster zone.”
4. And unfortunately, the first thing you “lay down” on is the floor because the new carpet is so uneven.
5. From this vantage point you can take full mental note of the melted hanger still dangling from the bare rod, the cockeyed screen hanging on for dear life, and…
6. The exposed wires in the corner, sticking out from a cut pipe in the bare concrete floor…that doesn’t look safe. Well, at least the carpet is nowhere to be seen 1-2 inches from the wall all the way around the room.
7. Then you look inside the nightstand, and a Gideon Bible stares back, reminding you that Jesus never had anything close to this good. Hmmmm.
Oh, but if you do happen to stay in my motel room – remember the handle in the shower labeled cold is actually hot and it gets quiet warm.
Same author with some fun, quirky thoughts to make you smile!