1. Always look before jumping in the bathtub (or the shower) for things like: wet clothes, dirty rubber gloves, kitty litter box or a litter of puppies.
2. Eat it now or forever hold your peace. However…
3. Things in the refrigerator are not always edible. Such as: playdough, watered down gesso (for painting canvas for paintings), and science experiments.
4. Things in the freezer are no safer. A frozen prairie dog lived rent free in our freezer for the better part of six months. This was followed by a squirrel and then a trio of beef hearts.
5. Expect zero privacy. Example: At least once and probably several times you will hear a knock on the door while you are in the shower asking if they can use the toilet. So, I guess I was wrong: a shower curtain is privacy…right?
6. Hide it if you don’t want to share it (and even that may not work if they know you have it).
7. Remember to answer to anyone and everyone’s name (and even the pet’s name if mom or dad is looking right at you).
8. “Let’s go!” only means “We are leaving.” if both mom and dad are physically in the vehicle.
9. You never have to go anywhere alone and even when you want to, it may not be possible.
10. Therefore: Get good at long car rides because with lots of kids flying is very rare and road trips mean long hours smooshed between two siblings and all the paraphernalia that somebody insisted that they couldn’t leave home without.
Bonus: Sure, we fight each other but if you pick a fight with one of us beware, because we also fight for each other.
Too small when you think you know Him enough.
Do not drink alcohol and play with fireworks, chainsaws or anything else with explosives, motors or blades. Even better: just don't drink. No one can afford the cost.
....Too small when you rely on your phone more.
Same author with some fun, quirky thoughts to make you smile!