Two things. Number 1: Do not try to re-create Youtube/Facebook videos. If it looks like it hurts...it probably does. Along those same lines, when you dive, go hands first.
Why is Jim short for James and Bill short for William?
Why did cell phones start out huge, get super tiny and are now headed back the other way?
Why do we have so many states that start with the letter “M” and so few that start with equally good letters like "B"?
Why does the second half of a pint of ice cream go so much faster than the first half?
In our age of time saving devices, why do we waste so much time?
Speaking of which, why do we all leave for work at the same time? Don't we realize this causes "rush hour"?
Why does God loves us to begin with and then keep forgiving us?
Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercies, He saves us… Titus 3:5
1. Drink plenty of water -- it's okay to slosh a little. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I said to drink 3 water bottles a day and 2 glasses at every meal. But I had already treated one dehydration headache and one episode of vomiting -- you guessed it, from dehydration.
2. Closed toed, athletic shoes are your friend. Even if they don't quite match your cute shorts -- wear them and your toes (and your nurse) will be happier.
3. Wash your hands before eating...anything.
4. Sleep as much as practical/possible. Not only will this keep you from becoming a piranha by the end of the week but you are less likely to get sick and hurt.
5. Save the nurses sanity: leave the drama at home. Nothing sucks us faster than dealing with "injuries" that are really nothing more than: "I want the guys to notice me so I'll sprain my ankle and be on crutches!" If you need a hug, I keep those in my back pocket.
6. Use the sunscreen mom sent you with. Campfires and sing-a-longs are so much more fun when you don't feel like a roasted tomato.
7. Take your medications as prescribed. If you forget to take your allergy medication and then come to the nurse complaining of headache and congestion...she won't be impressed.
8. Clean out all those little scrapes, cuts, and other small injuries as soon as possible. Or everyone has that one over-interested friend who will do it for you.
9. Eat junk food in moderation. I know it is tempting to gorge yourself on the s'mores, brownies and fill-in-your-favorite-junk-food but avoiding sugar comas (and stomachaches) is generally recommended.
10. Play hard and enjoy your time in God's creation! (Who knows what God has to teach you :0)
Next time your kids are so bored they are ready to try frying an egg on the side walk or attempt a cool summer "do" on the dog, what about sending them to camp? Set up the family tent in the back yard and let them plan all the fun things they are going to do "at camp". This way the dog can still involved be just not as literally and you might even get a few minutes...seconds...of peace.
Same author with some fun, quirky thoughts to make you smile!