Unfortunately, maturity does not necessarily come with age.
I think when we pray for certain character traits -- like patience or humility or courage or contentment or faith -- we think we are asking God for a supernatural infusion. One that is painless, easy and convenient. But it has generally, been my experience that God declines to miraculously provide these characteristics and instead provides us with opportunities to develop stronger virtues. And for some reason we are not nearly as happy with that....go figure.
You are Waiting until Heaven to Meet Him
When God asks you for the impossible – ask God for a miracle.
1. Hearing: “Your back is perfect”, from a chiropractor.
2. Having a lawyer admire your persuasiveness.
3. A poker player saying you are lucky.
4. A fitness instructor approving of your core strength.
5. Having a chemist claim your personality is incendiary.
6. Hearing, “We are nothing alike”, from a politician.
7. An engineer complimenting the symmetry of your eyes.
8. Having a writer say “You are just like my hero character!”
9. A dental hygienist telling you that you have a beautiful smile.
10. Hearing, “Well done, good and faithful servant” from God.
10 mini fingers attached to our feet
To turn on a dime and leave us some change
To sprint to the end and give us great range
10 petite appendages to make life sweet
Every single one a gift and a treat
10 tiny toes, everyone ignores and keeps shoeing
But if you need balance, want to paint your nails,
Or do art with your feet, you are telling the tale
Every single toe, God knew what He was doing,
And He knows the same for you no matter what is looming.
I love my toes!
(Dedicated to my patient who had an unhappy encounter with a chainsaw.)
Same author with some fun, quirky thoughts to make you smile!